
Good Afternoon!
I have been very calmed by joining the Compact. It's a relief not to cave to the pressure to consume. I feel like I have a valid alibi for not spending an afternoon at a mall or...? It's as though once I say I can't or rather I am choosing not to shop for new because I am in the Compact, the pressure is off. Although I am really wanting a new brand of mascara... I my eyelashes will have to wait to be fuller and thicker than ever before. In my earlier life, I was a cosmetic consultant, so I am still flush with sample sizes of mascaras and other product. (make-up not skin care, this became a big difference after 30)
This past weekend I went to my favorite second hand store to look for jeans for my oldest dependent. I left with two pairs of Levi's, a 1968 mounted world map from London, a Spider-man sleeping bag, a giant bag of Lincoln Logs, and the find of the day... nine pieces of orange Fiesta ware!! Grand total just a hair shy of 48.00.
My other recent expenses have included a cell phone bill, late of course, 99.00 for groceries (for 4 people for over one week), food only, no sundries, cleaning or paper products, and of course the staple expense of daycare. I have been really lax in the eating out department and the coffee pit stops.
I started my new adventure in consulting, which means a very flexible schedule and too much time for the java. I am working on it though.
Always a work in progress...
As I get ready for my upcoming move, I am going through my home and deciding what to take and what needs to be purged. Today I was able to donate a good size box to the Epilepsy Foundation. I have a little more breathing room and I hope someone else will be able to use some pots and pans and other random items. I was also happy to see on my way in to my temporary office a Freesale in the Prospect Park neighborhood. Very cool.
I am loving the new schedule and the extra time it is giving me and my family.
Best,
Freddie
I have been very calmed by joining the Compact. It's a relief not to cave to the pressure to consume. I feel like I have a valid alibi for not spending an afternoon at a mall or...? It's as though once I say I can't or rather I am choosing not to shop for new because I am in the Compact, the pressure is off. Although I am really wanting a new brand of mascara... I my eyelashes will have to wait to be fuller and thicker than ever before. In my earlier life, I was a cosmetic consultant, so I am still flush with sample sizes of mascaras and other product. (make-up not skin care, this became a big difference after 30)
This past weekend I went to my favorite second hand store to look for jeans for my oldest dependent. I left with two pairs of Levi's, a 1968 mounted world map from London, a Spider-man sleeping bag, a giant bag of Lincoln Logs, and the find of the day... nine pieces of orange Fiesta ware!! Grand total just a hair shy of 48.00.
My other recent expenses have included a cell phone bill, late of course, 99.00 for groceries (for 4 people for over one week), food only, no sundries, cleaning or paper products, and of course the staple expense of daycare. I have been really lax in the eating out department and the coffee pit stops.
I started my new adventure in consulting, which means a very flexible schedule and too much time for the java. I am working on it though.
Always a work in progress...
As I get ready for my upcoming move, I am going through my home and deciding what to take and what needs to be purged. Today I was able to donate a good size box to the Epilepsy Foundation. I have a little more breathing room and I hope someone else will be able to use some pots and pans and other random items. I was also happy to see on my way in to my temporary office a Freesale in the Prospect Park neighborhood. Very cool.
I am loving the new schedule and the extra time it is giving me and my family.
Best,
Freddie
No comments:
Post a Comment